Today has just been one of "Those Days"! I am going in a million directions trying to get my house together before next week when Jerry and Kaysee get here (which we are VERY excited about I might add). I have endless mounds of laundry to get done, folded and put away, bathrooms to clean, dust and baseboards to wipe down, on top of nursing twins, a 18 month old tornado to keep up with and Caleb to entertain because "There is nothing to do"!
At 1:30 I packed up the little ones to go get Caleb and decided that after we got him I would take them to Sonic for a well deserved treat!! Once we got to Sonic ordered and received our food I handed Caleb his food and started to make Tanner Bug's bite size so he was able to eat it in the car while we sat and watched a movie, gotta love the whole idea of eating in the car with little ones...NOT! Just as I am settling into enjoy MY fries and read a little bit of this months Ensign Caleb starts to yell "oh no, oh no...please don't be mad"!!! Trying to stay calm, I ask him what the problem was! For whatever reason or maybe just because he is only 6 after all, he decided to push his straw completely through the Styrofoam cup of Sprite! Trying to stay calm BUT getting a little bit annoyed I help him to clean up the sticky mess all over the back of the van! After everything is cleaned up and explaining to him that I am not going to order him another one(which he did not take very well)I pick up my Ensign and read the following words, which at that particular moment were ment specificly for me...
"Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interests in these His little ones....
Rear your children in love, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Take care of your little ones. Welcome them into your homes, and nurture and love them with all of your hearts. They may do, in the years that come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried."
President Gordon B. Hinckley
WOW, this wasn't new news to me but at that very moment after getting a little worked up and taking it out on poor Caleb for just being a 6 year old! I was reminded that these sweet children were entrusted to me by my Heavenly Father and that I need to be more patient and as long as I try I will not fail!
Yep, I am pretty sure someone was trying to tell me something!!!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Welcome to blogging world and congrats on the "reminder" revelation...one I am glad you shared with us today!
I am so glad to see you in the Blogging world. And this story is exactly why blogging is awesome!
This is Justin and I just read your blog. It gave me chills. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to staying in touch through the virtual world of blogs
Great words of counsel spoken as only President Hinckley could. Am glad you have become a blogger Tara - it is such a great way to keep in touch. Be sure and tell Jerry and Kaysee hello for us!
Post a Comment