Saturday, April 10, 2010

Faith and the Blessings that come from it!

I know, I know! I have not blogged in forever and I have a TON of catching up to do and a TON of pictures to put up, just as soon as I can find the cord to plug the camera into the computer!!!

I am feeling so extremely blessed beyond measures right now!
When we first started to talk about moving J.Paul started to look for work here in the Twin Cities. He applied to so many jobs that we just lost count after a while. Things sort of just fell into place so easily for us to move BUT he had not heard a single thing from anyone about a job here. We continued to pray and as crazy as it seemed to so many people we felt like we needed to move even though that meant living off of our savings until J.Paul found work here...
It is amazing what happens when you have faith... We up and moved thousands of miles away and just did not have a single worry as to what was going to happen once we got here! Once we got here J.Paul continued to apply for jobs but still no calls back, until one day he got a call from a hotel down town Minneapolis. He went to the interview and called me on his way home and said he just did not want "that kind of job" again. By "that kind of job" he meant a job that kept him away from home, unable to go to church every Sunday, a job that limited his church callings, a job that would not allow for family time, no weekends free, missed holidays...However that pretty much is the life of a chef! While he was driving home he decided to stop into this company called Medtronic and see who was in charge of their dinning facilities. He met a man who he must have made quite an impression on because he informed J.Paul that Bon Appetit was the company that handled the food there and also did at a number of corporate facilities in the area ( Target headquarter, Best Buy headquarters...) as well as all over the country! He then took J.Paul's resume and made calls to just about EVERYONE he could think of with Bon Appetit! The following Monday morning J.Paul got a call from someone with Bon Appetit at the Best Buy Headquarters in Richfield wanting to know if he could come down for an interview! Of course he was hired on the spot and in "corporate dinning"!!! What does this mean? It means, Monday-Friday 7-4, NO WEEKENDS!!!! Much better pay with much less hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bon Appetit is like J.Paul said "the kind of company he hopes to work for until he retires"!
For so many people this might not seem like such a big deal but to us this is the biggest blessing we could have ever hoped for! Since J.Paul and I have been married and started a family we have never had a normal schedule, making it hard to have much of a life(personal, family or friends). As of Monday morning our family's lives are about to change in a way we thought would never be possible for us!!
So to you our friends and family I say, I have a testimony of prayer and faith! Sometimes we don't know what the out come will be but as long as we keep our faith and know that our Heavenly Father loves us and does hear our prayers and listen to his promptings we will be blessed!

3 comments:

April J. said...

Tara, I am so happy for you and J.Paul. It is amazing how such blessings can come when you walk by faith. Congrats to J. Paul and to a "normal" life...not to mention being surrounded by family to boot!

Keiser Family said...

Thank April! We are so excited to FINALLY have a "normal" life! We are hoping Bon Appetit will be what gets us back to CA too!!!

Dottie said...

I am so thrilled for you! Congratulations!